ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
If you do not agree with any of the terms and conditions of use, you should not use the website.
ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE
Access to the website is not subject to registration.
AREA has the exclusive right to suspend access to the website, partially or totally, at any time, in particular for management, maintenance, repair, change or modernisation operations and to close the website or any of the services, permanently or temporarily, partially or totally, at any time and at its discretion, without prior notice.
As User, you can register on our website and start using additional functionalities.
As User, you must ensure the confidentiality and inviolability of your password.
The information provided must be true and must be updated whenever changes occur.
Any false or incomplete declarations provided shall be the exclusive responsibility of the User, who shall be liable for any damages incurred by AREA or third parties.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
The use of the website is subject to compliance with the following rules:
- Do not use the website to send or make available any content that is illegal, false, misleading, threatening, malicious, abusive, defamatory, injurious, invasive of privacy, racially, ethically or morally reprehensible, harmful or offensive to the dignity of persons or harmful to minors, or that may negatively affect AREA’s image;
- Do not use the website to send or make available information or content that belongs to third parties and that you do not have the right to use, such as content protected by third party copyright or content containing third parties’ personal data;
- Do not use the website to provide or transmit any material that contains or may contain viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items or computer codes, files or programs that may interrupt, destroy or limit the functioning of any computer equipment or system (hardware or software) or any communications equipment;
- Do not use or exploit the website for commercial purposes, or in any way paid for, including its contents, materials, functionalities or resources. Specifically, you cannot promote or advertise on the website any brand, product or service, for example, through sales offers, sponsorship requests or promotion of contests.
- Do not remove any copyright, trademark or proprietary rights notices;
- Do not impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an AREA official, or guide or host anyone as if you were a host, or falsely state a relationship with or connection to anyone;
- Do not make available or transmit any unrequested or unauthorized content as spam;
- Do not collect, store, make available, transmit, exploit or reproduce information about other users (including user names and/or email addresses) for unauthorised purposes.
In general, you must use the website in a responsible, prudent and careful manner and you must not disrupt or degrade the continuity, integrity and quality of the website’s resources and functionalities.
You acknowledge that the use of the website is at your sole risk and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system and/or equipment or other damages or losses, including loss of or damage to data, resulting from the use of material, content or information obtained in any way through the website.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You acknowledge that the website, its structure and layout, the selection, organisation and presentation of its content, including its functionalities and the software used on it, as well as the brands, logos and symbols displayed on the website, are the property of AREA or have been duly licensed to AREA.
You further acknowledge that the contents of this website (texts, images, graphics, sounds and animations and all other information made available) are protected by intellectual property rights and you undertake to respect such rights.
AREA manages the design, layout and arrangement of all the information, content and materials on the website, therefore it may at any time update, change or delete any content, services, options or functionalities, as well as modify their presentation and configuration and change their URL.
You are not authorised to transmit, disclose, publish, make available to the public, modify, transform, copy, sell, use or distribute in any way the texts, images or other information contained in this website or part of the website without prior written authorisation from AREA. The use of brands and logos on this website, as well as the availability of materials and products on it, does not grant, nor can it be interpreted as granting, authorisation to Users to use such brands, logos or materials directly or indirectly.
Not all product images published on the website correspond to AREA products or products for sale in its shops. There may be products on the website, namely in the catalogues presented, that belong to specific designers, meaning that AREA does not have any rights over them and as such will not be held responsible for them.
LIABILITY AND WARRANTIES
The website has been developed with our Users’ interests in mind. However, we cannot guarantee that the website or any functionality available on it will meet any needs or expectations you may have nor that it will serve your specific purposes.
Neither does AREA guarantee that:
- The results obtained through use of the website are correct, true, proper or reliable;
- Any advice, recommendation or information of any kind, for which AREA is responsible, presented or made available on the website or obtained through its use are current, accurate, complete or error-free - AREA hereby informs you that it assumes no legal obligation in this respect;
- Any material or other content made available by third parties through the website is safe, legal or appropriate;
- The qualities, functionalities or characteristics of the products, services, information or other material or content disclosed on the website fulfil the expectations of the Users.
AREA will not be liable for errors that may occur due to system irregularities or temporary or permanent failure of the website, the applications or other tools. AREA will not be liable for any damage resulting from the improper use of or impossibility to use the website.
The use of these links is the entire responsibility of the Users.
AREA may provide links to the websites of other entities. These websites are not owned, operated or controlled by AREA; therefore, AREA is not responsible for, does not approve or in any way supports or endorses the content of such websites or of those linked or referred to therein. The establishment of links does not, in any case, imply the existence of a relationship between AREA and the owner or manager of the website to which the link refers.
AREA does not guarantee that the website will work uninterruptedly, be free of errors or faults or that it will be continuously available.
AREA strives to ensure that the website is free from viruses or other such elements that may be dangerous to your computer. However, since AREA cannot fully control the circulation of information on the Internet, it cannot guarantee that it is free from viruses or other elements that may damage your computer.
To guarantee the security of the website, AREA may, at any time and without prior notice, take the necessary measures to guarantee the integrity, security, continuity or quality of the website, including restricting or limiting access.
All questions and disputes that may arise in relation to these Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively resolved by the court of the Judicial District of Lisbon, with express waiver of any other.
Last updated on: 3 February 2022.